Thursday, February 12, 2015

First Moments of a Food Month-less Life

So February 1st turned out to be one of the greatest days EVER! Not just because it marked the end of food month and opened my life back up to enjoy all my favorite meals--but it was just the way that it all happened.

I wake up on Sunday, February 1st and I immediately go downstairs to make myself breakfast. When I walk down into the kitchen, Mark and Laura are there and look at me with the biggest, happiest eyes and say, "So what are you going to eat!!!???" Their excitement for me truly warmed my heart. I contemplated for a little while, then the reality of being able to eat whatever I want kicked in and I couldn't decide, then Mark turns to me with a bag of chocolate covered potato chips and we all knew what was about to happen. Mark and Laura documented my first bite back in reality and I was so very happy to have shared that moment with them--marking the end of another successful, enjoyable, fantastic month.

Next, I have a Seven Calendar surprise to open. On the little envelope marked "February 1" was a short little note saying, "Congrats on getting through the food month--now get a piece of cake!" Inside the envelope was a gift card to Cheese Cake Factory--it was my favorite surprise yet! I found it to be so creative and thoughtful. (Thanks again Vivian, you're so great)

And then finally, we get to the evening. If you didn't already realize, Sunday, February 1st marked the end of food month as well as SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! So that evening my whole house went over to Mike and Ricky's and enjoyed a huge pot luck feast for the game. My first dinner back in real life consisted of pulled pork, mac 'n cheese, Tipy's Tacos, mini meat balls, buffalo chicken dip, pigs-in-blankets and Christa's famous chocolate pretzel things. It was amazing food with amazing company watching an amazing game. I could not have asked for a better night with my family!

(As excited as I am to be able to eat whatever my little heart desires now, part of me kind of misses food month. I don't know if it was the challenge in having to be creative with the cooking, the pureness of the food that felt so refreshing, the internal thought every day during the month of what this challenge was really dedicated to. Honestly it was all of it! It was an incredible month that was enjoyable, empowering and humbling and I will forever love and appreciate month two's experience.)




No comments:

Post a Comment