As I quickly approach the half way mark of this Seven project, I've been noticing some small pieces of the puzzle that I need to make adjustments to.
March 2015: Television/Movies
When I first set the guidelines for tv/movie month, I had said that I'd be okay to watch educational television but not be okay to listen to fictional books-on-tape. I'm changing this to NO educational television but YES fictional books-on-tape.
The whole point of tv/movie month is to remove television from my options of things to do and instead fill that time up with self improving, thought provoking, adventurous things. Educational television/movies, though they are self improving, they are television in the end and that's literally what this month is removing so, jk on that one.
I will however be adding back the ability to listen to any book-on-tape that I'd like. When I think about activities that I'd like to increase and improve on in month 4/life, I continuously acknowledge that I'd like to read more. I can read whatever books I'd like and that shouldn't change if it's me reading or some joyful British man reading to me in my car.
June 2015: Laziness
This portion of my seven month project has been going great so far! I've been working out, keeping active and spending more time up-n-at-em as opposed to laying on the couch. After a lot of soul searching though, I have come to the decision to remove the full marathon goal from the game plan.
Though it has been a goal of mine for...forever, it's just not something that I physically see myself being capable of (especially in these horrid winter months), at least not on this 28th day of February, 2015. Sure I could sign up just to do it, walk a bunch just to finish--but that's not how I want it to be done. If I do, one day, run a marathon, I want to do it with full intention and passion.
Maybe one day after some more half marathon trainings I'll be in a place that I can do it, but until then, I am very excited to strive for the fantastic goal of running a half marathon in June, training in the beautiful months of April & May and working hard to beat my first race time!
No comments:
Post a Comment