Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Project: Torture

Oh my goodness gracious, how I miss Deacon Claybourne.

So TV month has officially been the hardest month so far. But also officially the most thought provoking/self developing. As much as I missed laying in my bed watching my beloved television shows--it truly was quite refreshing to put a record on, write a card for a friend to send in the mail and drink a cup of honey lavender tea. Instead of listening to Monica and Chandler as I dosed off to sleep, I heard slow, soft tunes that I compiled on a mixed cd. Talk about bringin' you back to the good ol' days!

My main goal this month was to take all my new free time and put it to good use--do new things that push my creativity buttons or force me to challenge myself. I unfortunately did not read as much as I had hoped, or practice guitar as vigorously as planned--but I did craft my little tush off. Some of my favorite projects I worked on:


Photo coasters that I made for my dad



My first ombre cake


Homemade blueberry muffins for the families
at Ronald McDonald House

A wine and cheese afternoon for my best gals

This was the first month during this Seven project that I didn't naturally and pleasantly adapt to the life change. When all other months left me excited to bring the new lifestyle into my day-to-day life, this was the first month that I was literally counting down the days until I could finally live like a real girl again. (Yes, I said it, a real girl) I had no idea how much of my life revolved around TV, but just think about it--when you get home after a long day at work, you want to just sit, eat dinner and...watch tv. When you're feeling lazy on a Sunday ready to lounge in yoga pants and let your mind take a little weekend vacation, you want to just sit, eat snacks and...watch tv. I couldn't believe how unnatural it felt to not have TV available.

My greatest take away from this month was to realize just how much time I actually spend watching TV. Though I don't want to remove it from my life completely--I will definitely try to reduce the intake. I'll try to listen to music at night when falling asleep as opposed to a tv show. I'll try to limit myself to only one day on the weekend that I can sit and binge watch a favorite flick. I'll try to spend more time reading my interesting books as I'm relaxing after work as opposed to watching re-runs. Even just these little modifications can make such a wonderful difference to life. 

Ps, thank you Ms. Laura Mace for documenting (and enjoying with me) my first sip back into non-water life.




No comments:

Post a Comment