Sunday, December 7, 2014

Month One, Week One

And so it begins! Month one of seven. Week one of thirty one.

To start this journey off right, I began my first week by opening two "Seven Calendar" surprises (*see note below), stopped by the gym on my way home from work to get my new membership all situated, put in some solid guitar session time (*see note 2 below) and picked my first 49 things out of my closet that will be going to new homes.

This first week reminded me (or maybe made me realize?) one very important thing. I'm sure some days will be filled with all project aspects, some with maybe just one or two and some (sadly) might not include any legit progress at all. With the busy schedules that we lead, involving work, volunteering, family, friends, maintaining daily/weekly life tasks--life can get pretty hectic, and that doesn't even include any extra effort for marking things off your "for fun" list. This first week encouraged me to remember that you need to set your priorities straight, MAKE time for what you want to do and be sure to never let your goals get out of site.

With hopes to try to keep myself on track, my goals for this upcoming week are to (1) really tackle the gym and get in a solid after work routine and (2) begin researching to learn about the different organizations around the area that collect donated items, what types of donated items they accept, who do the items go to and how do they get the items to that specific group?

*Note 1: Seven Calendar


As stated before, Vivian has been so supportive of the whole Seven project idea. You can imagine how unbelievably blown away I was to come home from work one day with a package on my door step holding a hand crafted "Seven Calendar" to help encourage me through out the journey. For each month, she included small baggies holding surprises for specific days. With Vivian being out of town for a little while, this is such a fun/perfect/special way for her to be here and be part of the project. #bestpresenteverreceived #sothankful

*Note 2: Guitar Sessions


This month I am attempting to learn Just Me and the Whiskey by The Damn Quails. My usual process for learning to play a song on the guitar is to go on YouTube, search "how to play ..ya da ya da" and then up pops a video of a dude sitting in his kitchen teaching you how to play the song! Unfortunately I was not able to find a "How To" video for this one--so my wonderful and talented pal Trent made one for me. Another fun/perfect/special way for my loved ones to be here and part of the project. #sothankful


Ps, here is a tune that I would like to dedicate to week one.

"I will hope and I will love. I will give 'til there's enough. That's the life I'm dreaming of, I won't give up."

No comments:

Post a Comment